At the end of a long day, there are few things as enjoyable as relaxing in a cozy living room. Whether you have been busy at work, spending time with friends or picking your children up from school, a cozy living room is the ideal place to relax. It’s an inviting, welcoming and appealing place to be. Luckily, keeping your living room cozy doesn’t require a lot of time and you don’t have to break the bank.
A lot of people misjudge the importance of creating a home that they love to return to. With so much time spent outside of the house – the hours spent going to work, shopping, walking the dog, having family days out and visiting family quickly add up – a lot of people underestimate the amount of time spent relaxing at home. However, most people spend hours each week sitting in the living room. Thankfully, it doesn’t take long to give this room the attention it needs.
Things as simple as adding soft furnishings and choosing your lighting carefully can transform a standard living room into a cozy, comfortable and enjoyable place to be.
The Growing Popularity of Cozy Small Living Room Decor
Though cozy living rooms have always been well liked, it’s an interior design style that is definitely growing in popularity. Whereas minimalism and modernism was the ‘go to’ style for a while, there has been a recent focus on keeping things comfortable and cozy. This could be because people are spending more time at home after the pandemic, or because homeowners have finally realised the difference a cozy living room can make to the overall vibe of a home. Either way, cozy small living room decor is more popular than ever before.
There are a lot of different ways to transform your home into a cozy space, which means there’s a lot of room for personal style and taste. It’s not a case of having to do the same things as everyone else, as there are no end of options. You can incorporate your own unique vision into a variety of elements that make a room cozy. For example, choose your favourite pattern for a cushion or use your favourite warm paint colour for the walls.
Transform Your Home With Cozy Living Room Ideas
There is no denying the appeal of coming home to a warm, welcoming and cozy home. Whether you have a large and spacious living room or a much smaller room, there are a tonne of living room design trends that can help to create a cozy space.
- Add Soft Furnishings to Sofas – When you arrive home from a long day, there really is nothing more inviting than snuggling yourself in a nice blanket and relaxing on comfortable cushions. That is why these are such an important component of making a home cozy. Throws, blankets and cushions on a sofa immediately make it more comfortable, while also adding a personal touch.
- Place Candles Throughout Your Home – It’s not just soft furnishings when it comes to making a home feel cozy; accessories and decor are just as essential. Candles are perfect for this because the glow they produce is welcoming and enticing, and the scent they emit can change the entire atmosphere of a living space.
- Choose a Warm Colour Scheme – You might be tempted to light colours for your living room, don’t underestimate the power of warm colours. They do a great job of easily creating a nice and appealing room especially if you use warm colours for the curtains, chairs and walls. Oranges, yellows, and reds create a much more relaxing atmosphere than bright and light colours.
- Think About Lighting – Many people underestimate the part lighting plays in creating a cozy home, regardless of the fact that it is an excellent way to create a specific mood in any room in the house. You should avoid bright and fluorescent lights, as these tend to create a harsh atmosphere. Instead, opt for dimmable floor and table lamps with warm coloured bulbs.
- Don’t Be Scared of Patterns – If you want to create a living room that feels intimate and personal, don’t shy away from patterns. Incorporating patterns into a living space can help to make a room feel homely and lived in, rather than an overly styled showhome. Patterns can be added in a number of ways including on cushions, pillows, rugs, following and upholstery. Plus, it’s a great way to add some personal style.
When you think about the range of options you have with living room designs, you will quickly see how simple and straightforward it can be to create a cozy home. Though there are a variety of trends and design styles, the appeal of a warm cozy living room design is undeniable. Of course, this doesn’t mean that these cozy design techniques cannot be used in other rooms in the home. They work just as well in bedrooms and studies, and you could even use them to create a cozy nook in the kitchen.